2020, year of Covid-19 pandemic.
At Baliprod, we take this extremely seriously. We have implemented very strict protocols in order to ensure the safety of all cast and crew on set.
In the Infographic below, you will see all the measures we follow to achieve safety during our productions.
We hope this post can be shared widely and inspire production houses in other countries to do the same. We are all in this together!
We also believe It is critical that we communicate the risk of shoot attendance to all crew prior to shooting.
The first assistant director must conduct an induction at the crew call time on each shoot day – to take every crew member through these protocols..
Want to see how it works? Please see the infographic below.
(Feel free to read our Live Streaming for Film Production Guide enabling PPM and shoot for remote client/agency/director)
You can also download the PDF here.
Click on the image below if viewing from a mobile phone in order to zoom in
1. Remote management of Pre PPM and PPM meetings for all stakeholders. (see how we set up live streaming for our clients, agency or director)
2. All government health alert and public protocols restrictions must be adhered to eg.
movement/social distancing restrictions.
3. All crew and anyone attending shoot, including talent, must provide to the production company producer (prior to the shoot date) a non-disclosure agreement outlining their travel throughout the previous four-week period, prior to the shoot date.
4. All crew and anyone attending the shoot, including talent, must provide to the production
company producer (prior to the shoot date) a Health Declaration outlining any contact with someone
who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
5. Any crew who have travelled to high risk countries or have been in contact with individual
with COVID-19 during that four-week period must not participate on the shoot.
6. Any shoot attendee who feels unwell prior to the shoot, must contact the production company for replacement.
ON SET BEHAVIOUR
7. Q-take system or similar should be utilised to limit numbers on set to manage shoot direction by agency or brand teams remotely.
8. A certified on-set nurse (or local country equivalent) on set at all times.
9. All shoot attendees must undergo temperature checks before entering set by the certified
on-set nurse. Anyone with a high temperature cannot enter set.
10. All shoot attendees must undergo temperature checks by the on-set nurse twice a day –
morning and after lunch. Crew to be issued an identifier once they pass temperature screening – for instance wearing of a green sticker for clear screening identification.
11. Any shoot attendee who feels unwell during the course of the shoot must immediately report to the on-set nurse who must report to the production company producer.
12. Be respectful of people’s personal space and avoid hugging, touching or handshakes.
13. All crew to wear specialised face masks such as N95 respirator masks, throughout the course of shoots – to be provided by production company.
14. Make-up artists, hair stylist, wardrobe must wear eye protection due to close proximity to talent.
15. Where possible, talent should undertake their own make-up “minor touch ups” throughout shooting, instead of the make-up artist, to avoid contact with talent’s perspiration.
16. Catering departments to consider alternate refreshment stands to avoid contact with tea
and coffee urns and any other frequent touch points.
17. Water bottles must be labelled for each crew to avoid cross contamination and only one
bottle used by each shoot attendee throughout the course of the shoot.
18. Camera to be two metres away from talent at all times.
ON SET HYGIENE
19. Hand washing and antibacterial solutions to be placed on set and used throughout the shoot by all crew.
20. When shooting in studio, studios must have undertaken a ‘deep clean’ before and after each shoot. Production companies must obtain validation from studios prior to pre-light or shoot.
21. Cleaning must be undertaken throughout the shoot day especially in common areas such as wardrobe and make-up rooms.
22. Bathrooms must be frequently cleaned throughout the course of the shoot.
23. Boom mic’s only (so voice-to-camera scripts should be reviewed), prior to shooting.
24. Make-up department to step up cleaning protocols and use single use brushes and applicators. All other equipment must undergo deep cleaning prior and post any shoot.
25. Hair extensions must undergo deep cleaning before and after any application.
26. Standby props to step up hygiene practices.
27. Art department must step up cleaning of props and surfaces throughout the shoot and
28. Product consumption shots must undergo a step up in hygiene practices.
29. Catering departments must step up their food safety hygiene practices.
30. Vehicle hire for crew and talent must undergo deep cleaning prior to shoot hire.
31. Vehicle drivers must follow protocols of temperature checks outlined in points 9 and 10.
32. Key crew such as camera department must have ‘pocket’ hand sanitisers to be applied
33. Wardrobe must be certified to have undergone deep cleaning before and after shoots.
34. When coughing or sneezing, please follow the advice below.
35. Production companies to provide each shoot attendee a packet of tissues for this purpose. Dispose of tissues immediately into bins.
36. Waste management removal must be carried out frequently, throughout the shoot.
37. These guidance messages should be posted on the shoot location in bathrooms, make-up room, wardrobe, etc…
Whilst the above list attempts to be fully comprehensive, we acknowledge good guidance and common sense must be applied and utilise other sources of advice on this such as the World Health Organisation website.
If you’d like to translate this Infographic in another language, feel free to ask us in the comments below so we can send you the source file.
We’d love to hear how is the situation in your country and what Film Production Companies or Agencies are doing to stay safe from Covid 19.
Stay safe! ❤️
REMOTE SHOOTING WITH LIVE STREAMING
Let’s face it, the production industry is changing fast and we all need to adapt!
For advertising projects, location is everything. For most ad productions, we would normally see agency, client and director fly to their shooting location to shoot abroad. While this is still the normal as of now, the future is coming and Baliprod is ready to handle it.
Recently, we have had more and more of our projects turn to streaming technology as a way to reduce the budget of a project.
Covid 19 pandemic played a huge role obviously.
With the technology that exists now, it is very easy to communicate while on set even if we have a director in Argentina, a creative agency in France and a client in Singapore.
Sounds farfetched? It’s a lot simpler than it sounds.
Read our full guide on live streaming for production companies to learn more about the tech.
Propaganda. The virus will die off and we will forget all this BS
Provided everyone plays its part in preventing its uncontrolled spread.
Hi This is great! Do you think I can get the original edit file for the procedure PDF so I can translate it to Japanese?
I work for a inhouse transcreation dept at a Tokyo based ad agency.
I will be sure to credit Baliprod for this as the source. Thanks!
of course, no problem. Will send it to you by email shortly.
Very Useful article . thanks for sharing . Lyricskiss
This is wonderful! Thank you! Would you be willing to share the NDAs you have created for your team to use with clients?
Hi Michelle, to be completely honest with you, as this is super new, we haven’t yet done proper NDAs.
Up till now, we’ve kept it a bit informal as all the crews we’ve worked with so far since the beginning of the crisis are either in house or almost!
Moreover, it seems we are extremely lucky to be in Bali as there is almost nothing happening here compared to other regions. We are not out of the woods yet but certainly headed that way with only a handful of death so far.
That being said, we are super careful and as we have some shoots lined up for the end of May and June, we’ll use them. Ask me again in a few weeks. Just need some time to write them up :)
A very nice write up, well said, i am a film maker from Nigeria, I pray we all follows this guidelines now and after. It a very good concept from BALIPROD.
Hi Lekan, thanks.
Hope the situation is Nigeria is bearable.
Just read a bit about it and how the government has difficulties to enforce a lockdown because of the poverty problem.
Stay safe mate.
I run a production company in Pakistan called Cinematech.
Would it be possible to share the original file to translate it into Urdu for production houses here.
We would of course give full credit to Baliprod for creating the resource.
Would also love to work with you guys in Bali once Covid is over.
If you ever need mountain locations, Pakistan is the place to be!
you can see some of our work on the site below:
Hey Ali Reza,
yes absolutely. I’ll send you the source files to the email I found on the contact page of your website.
Cool stuff you guys are doing btw.
We worked with a couple of brands from Pakistan already who came to shoot in Indonesia. Fashion mostly.
We’ll definitely keep you in mind for mountain locations ;-)
See you soon in Bali or Karachi!
hello. i am film crew from Yangon based production. I was wondering is that okay to translate your infographic to our language if you dont mind? And can i get the original file so i could traslate it into Burmese. I will definitely credit baliprod as the original creator in my translation.
Absolutely! I’ll send it shortly. Are you still shooting in Yangon?
Thank you so much. All the shootings in here are delayed since last week of March.
Amazing information, thank you so much for sharing! However, it would be great to know where you find all of this information? Would it be possible to see references and sources please?
Hey Ieva, thank you.
I sent you all the info by email already. Hope you are well.
Could you send me open file please- I wpuld love to use it in Poland rha ks
Could you send me the open file pls.
Absolutely. I’ll send you an email over the week end. How is the situation in Poland?
This is a great document which I’m sure would help in reference for many others.
Could I receive the source file so I could use it to translate it in the various other regional languages my production house deals with in India?
Cannot thank you enough for this :)
Absolutely. Glad we can help. I’ll send you an email over the week end.
We had a shoot in India that got cancelled actually a couple of months ago when everything went south. How is it going now?
Holistically, like everywhere else, each day is a new struggle due to the novel nature of this calamity.
Work wise, while many sectors are gearing towards resumption, our industry is still on a standstill since the major cities where the production houses were based are the worst affected! Hopefully, things are better sooner than later and all of us can get back to the field with the fresh perspective this situation has provided us.
Thank you again for all the help here Omri!
Hope we come out of this as unscathed as possible.
This is a great document which I’m sure would help in reference for many others.
Could you please share the source file and the prototype NDAs you might’ve prepared so I could use them to translate it in the various other regional languages my production house deals with in India?
Cannot thank you enough for this :)
This is a great Infographic which I’m sure would help in reference for many others.
Can i get the open file so I could use it to translate it in the various other regional languages i deal with many production houses within India. HOPE WE CAN WORK TOGETHER SOME DAY. We will give credits to baliprod for the source.
We really appreciate your selfless act , which might help many production houses around the world to spread the safety guidelines.
Hey Ashmeet, thank you.
Yes no problem, I will send you the illustrator source file by email shortly.
Appreciate that you credit us for it (we’ve already seen countless websites that have taken it without asking us ahah!)
Hope all is well in India and that we can work together one day.
All the best
Hey Thanks for your quick and kind reply :) all is not so good here in india, but surely its getting better , Hope to work one day together with your company,All the best for your upcoming projects. :)
This is keval here from India , would like to translate the same in local languages.
Hi Keval, sorry for the late response. Yes of course no problem. Will email you the source file shortly. Stay safe.
Thank you to the Bali Prod team for making these great presentations. I would love to receive a copy of the source file, if possible. Many thanks and stay safe in Bali
Hey Shelley, sending you the file by email right now. Stay safe!