Pixar’s Dana Frankoff and Baliprod Photo & Video Production Agency teamed up to raise awareness about the continuous plastic pollution problem in the world’s ocean.
Voice Above Water is the story of Wayan Nyo, a 90-year-old fisherman who can no longer fish because of the huge amount of plastic filling up the ocean. He decides to use his fishing boat and net to pull out the plastic and trash from the water – hoping to fish again.
This short film is a glimpse into how one human and use their resources to make a change, and a massive reminder that it takes all of us playing our own part, coming together to accomplish something much greater than ourselves.
This short film won:
– Best Short Documentary at Banff Centre Mountain Film Festival
– First Time Filmmaker Award at International Ocean Film Festival
– Best Short Documentary at San Luis Obispo International Film Festival
– The Hayden Kennedy Award at 5Point Adventure Film Festival
– Environmental Filmmaker Award at Coast Film Festival
– Environmental award at the ONA film festival
-Audience Award for Best Documentary
– Jury Award for Best Documentary at the 15 Short Film Festival